1. Choose the word which is similar in meaning to the keyword given in capital letters CONFERRED
(a) Offered (b) Divulged (c) Damaged (d) Advised
2. Choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the keyword given in capital letters INCLEMENT
(a) Pleasant (b) Stormy (c) Feeble (d) Dignified
3. Pick the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete The proud king turned a deaf ear to the ____ of wise counsellors.
(a) Advices (b) Advises (c) Advise (d) Advice
4. Choose the words that best fits in the meaning of sentence He warned the workers against supporting these antisocial policies, which he declared would ____rather than _____ the plight of the common people
(a) Rescue; Destroy (b) Encourage; Defy (c) Aggravate; Alleviate (d) Empower; Improve
5. Use one word substitution for: A contagious disease which spreads over a huge area.
(a) Atheist (b) Flora (c) Epidemic (d) Hangar
6. In each of the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by four lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to the one expressed in the original pair. Lying: Perjury
(a) Statement: Testimony (b) Seeing : Observing (c) Taking: Stealing (d) Eating: Dining (e)
7. Subsequent: Previous
(a) Significant: Inconsequential (b) Retrospect: Retrospective (c) Visionary: Seer (d) Caption: Legend
Choose the correct synonym out of the four choices
(a) serenity (b) listlessness (c) impassivity (d) laxity
(a) epidemic (b) whirling (c) occasional (d) stagnant
Select the correct meaning of the italicized idioms and phrases out of the four choices given.
10. He burnt his fingers by interfering in his neighbour’s affair.
(a) got himself into trouble (b) burnt himself (c) got himself insulted (d) got rebuked
11. For the first week, the apprentice felt like a fish out of water.
(a) frustrated (b) homeless (c) disappointed (d) uncomfortable
Given below are few commonly used foreign language phrases, select the correct answerfrom the four options given below:
12. Mala fide
(a) generous (b) bad intention (c) trustworthy (d) genuine
13. pro rata
(a) according to rate or proportion (b) a summary or curriculum vitae (c) point by point (d) for the good of the public
14. A persuasive message will fail if
(a) it does not focus on what is in it for the reader (b) it only lists facts (c) it moves too slowly (d) all of the above
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
A A A B C A A D C A D B A D
TEAM – CS ASPIRANT