Section 1 – Business Communication
No. of Questions: 35
Duration in Minutes: 120
1) Choose the correct option for the underlined part of sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct.
You should avoid to make such stupid mistakes.
A) avoid making
B) avoid make
C) avoid to have
D) avoid to made
2) The Listener forming a biased opinion by looking at the speaker’s look, dress and mannerism is a sign of:
A) Pre-judging the speaking
C) Over enthusiasm
3) Fill up the blanks by choosing the most appropriate option:
I can’t bear _____ late.
4) In 1965, __________ was the first to demonstrate the use of the first email system known as mailbox.
C) Stanford University
D) Cambridge University
5) The activities in an organization are of the following three types:
A) Confidential, Operational and Ancillary
B) Strategic, Confidential and Routine
C) Strategic, Tactical and Operational
D) Informational, Core, Ancillary
6) Read the jumbled passage carefully and then pick the option in which the best sequence is shown.
i) Progress in diagnosis, in preventive medicine and in treatment, both medicinal and surgical, has been rapid and breathe taking.
ii) Much in medicine which is not taken for granted was undreamt of even as recently as 20 years ago.
iii) Presently small pox has been eradicated, poliomyelitis practically banished, tuberculosis has become curable and coronary artery disease surgically relievable.
iv) The dramatic surge in the field of molecular biology and research by immunologists and geneticists has succeeded in controlling parasitic diseases like malaria and river blindness that affect millions of people round the world.
A) ii, iv, iii, i B) ii, iii, i, iv
C) ii, iv, i, iii
D) ii, i, iii, iv
7) According to __________, Communication in its simplest form of conveying of information from one person to another.
8) Find out the Antonym of the given word from the choices given below it:
9) Find out the Synonym of the given word from the choices given below it:
C) Over bearing
10) Full form of www is:
A) World wide web
B) World with web
C) World wide word
D) Web wide world
11) Read the jumbled passage carefully and then pick the option in which the best sequence is shown.
i) People who start up their own business typically come from two extreme backgrounds: One is the business family background and the other is a steady professional family background.
ii) Typically, people from different backgrounds face different kinds of basic problems.
iii) The people from both the backgrounds find it very difficult to establish and manage an enterprise. iv) Starting up and managing a small business is no joke.
A) ii, i, iii, iv B) iv, ii, iii, i C) iii, iv, i, ii
D) iv, i, iii, ii
12) Choose the correct option for the underlined part of sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct.
Sheela told her teacher to explain the chapter once again.
A) ordered her teacher
B) asked her teacher
C) invited her teacher
D) said to her teacher
13) Choose the most appropriate option for each of the following questions:
“To take a leap in the dark” means:
A) To give up
B) Take a risky action
C) To discourage someone
D) Gain an advantage
14) Choose the misspelled word from below:
15) A _____________helps in retrieving the letter at a later stage.
A) Reference number
B) Special marking
16) Choose the misspelled word from below:
17) Fill up the blanks by choosing the most appropriate option:
It’s unfortunate that he died_____ cancer.
18) Fill up the blanks by choosing the most appropriate option:
If you promise ___ angry with me, I’ll tell you what I broke.
A) Get not
B) Not getting
C) Not to get
D) Not get
19) “Dear Sir/Madam” in a letter is:
A) Attention line
B) Subject heading
C) Main Body
20) A Litigant is:
A) A formal legal document
B) A party to a case
C) Authority given to take some action
D) Principal amount
21) Fill up the blanks by choosing the most appropriate option:
There is a lot of work___ hand. Let’s cancel____picnic.
A) On, a
B) In, the
C) Upon, the
D) In, a
22) __________folder stores those messages that have been created but have not sent by the user so far.
23) A Legal charge on property which holds it as a security for a loan is called:
24) Choose the most appropriate option for each of the following questions:
“To give the game away” means:
A) To lose the game
B) To play the game badly
C) To reveal the secret
D) To give a walk-over in a game
25) Fill up the blanks by choosing the most appropriate option:
Bala, along with his friends,_________ for basketball
A) are going
D) were going
26) Choose the most appropriate option for each of the following questions:
“Bona fide” means:
D) bad intention
27) _____________Listeners literally assess the verbal content on the basis of words not paralinguistic or nonverbal cues.
28) Read the jumbled passage carefully and then pick the option in which the best sequence is shown.
i) Venture capital is recommended as the ideal source of financing for a successfully small business.
ii) Several companies including startups have been funded by dedicated venture funds during this decade.
iii) Despite this, an average Indian entrepreneur understands and appreciation of venture capital concept has been woefully inadequate.
iv) In the Indian context, though venture capital has been a relatively late entrant, it has already made a reasonable impact.
A) i, iv, ii, iii B) i, iii, ii, iv C) i, ii, iii, iv
D) i, iv, iii, ii
29) In a _________format of letter layout, the date, all references, subject, salutation, paragraph of the body, conclusion and signature, all commence at the left margin.
B) All of the above
Read the given passage carefully and choose the most appropriate option to the questions.
The Himalayas, or Himalaya, form a mountain range in Asia, separating the plains of the Indian subcontinent from the Tibetan Plateau.
The Himalayan range has many of the Earth’s highest peaks, including the highest, Mount Everest. The Himalayas include over fifty mountains exceeding 7,200 m (23,600 ft) in elevation, including ten of the fourteen 8,000-metre peaks. By contrast, the highest peak outside Asia (Aconcagua, in the Andes) is 6,961 m (22,838 ft) tall.
Lifted by the subduction of the Indian tectonic plate under the Eurasian Plate, the Himalayan mountain range runs west-northwest to east-southeast in an arc 2,400 km (1,500 mi) long. Its western anchor, Nanga Parbat, lies just south of the northernmost bend of Indus river. Its eastern anchor, Namcha Barwa, is just west of the great bend of the Yarlung Tsangpo River (upper stream of the Brahmaputra River). The Himalayan range is bordered on the northwest by the Karakoram and the Hindu Kush ranges. To the north, the chain is separated from the Tibetan Plateau by a 50–60 km (31–37 mi) wide tectonic valley called the Indus-Tsangpo Suture. Towards the south the arc of the Himalaya is ringed by the very low Indo-Gangetic Plain. The range varies in width from 350 km (220 mi) in the west (Pakistan) to 150 km (93 mi) in the east (Arunachal Pradesh). The Himalayas are distinct from the other great ranges of central Asia, although sometimes the term ‘Himalaya’ (or ‘Greater Himalaya’) is loosely used to include the Karakoram and some of the other ranges.
30) What is the northwest border of the Himalayas?
A) Indus-Tsangpo Suture
B) Karakoram & Hindu Kush
C) Hindu Kush & Nanga Parbat
D) Karakoram & Nanga Parbat
31) How long is the Himalayan mountain range?
A) 2400 kms
C) 1500 mi
D) 2400 mi
32) Which word in the passage means “the sideways and downward movement of the edge of a plate of the earth’s crust into the mantle beneath another plate.”?
33) Which statement summarizes the information given in the passage?
A) The passage talks only about the geographic boundaries of the Himalayas
B) The passage talks about the geographic boundaries and the might of the Himalayas
C) The passage talks about how the Himalayas act as a barrier to icy winds for India
D) The passage talks about the Mount Everest in the Himalayas
34) How many peaks in the Himalayas are above 8000 meter above the sea level?
35) Choose the most appropriate option for the following question:
Section 2 – Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
No. of Questions: 35 Duration in Minutes: 120
36) Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence
1. Police 2. Punishment 3. Crime 4. Judge 5. Judgement
A) 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 B) 1, 2, 4, 3, 5 C) 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
D) 3, 1, 4, 5, 2
37) First clause in Memorandum of company is:
A) Capital Clause
B) Name Clause
C) Liability Clause
D) Situation Clause Association of
Some Kings are Queens.
All the Queens
I. All the kings are beautiful
II. All the Queens are Kings
A) Neither I nor II follows
B) Only II follows
C) Either I or II follows
D) Only I follows are Beautiful.
39) The Supreme Court of India comprises the Chief Justice and _________ other Judges.
B) 31 C) 33
40) Domestic arrangements between husband and wife is not a contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872 because:
A) Consideration is absent
B) There is no consensus ad idem
C) They are specifically excluded from the Indian Contract Act, 1872
D) There is no intention to create legal relationship
41) Constitution day of India is celebrated on ________.
A) 1st January
B) 26th November
C) 15th August
D) 2nd October
42) Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
1. Cut 2. Put on 3. Mark 4. Measure 5. Tailor
A) 2, 4, 3, 1, 5 B) 1, 3, 2, 4, 5
C) 3, 1, 5, 4, 2 D) 4, 3, 1, 5, 2
43) Part II of the Constitution of India deals with:
A) Fundamental Rights
B) The Union
C) The States
44) A man said to a lady, “The son of your only brother is the brother of my wife”. What is the lady to the man.
A) Grand father
C) Sister of father-in-law
D) Maternal aunt
45) Identify the figure that completes the pattern.
A) Image 3 B) Image 4 C) Image 2
D) Image 1
46) Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence
1. Family 2. Community 3. Member 4. Locality 5. Country
A) 3, 1, 2, 4, 5 B) 3, 1, 4, 2, 5
C) 3, 1, 4, 5, 2 D) 3, 1, 2, 5, 4
47) The company can furnish to the registrar verification of registered office in
A) Form no INC 20 B) Form no INC 23 C) Form no INC 22
D) Form no INC 21
48) Who among the following is not a promoter under the Companies Act, 2013?
A) A person who has control over the affairs of the company, directly or indirectly whether as a shareholder, director or otherwise
B) A person who is identified by the company in the annual return
C) A person who is giving advice to the Board of Directors in his professional capacity
D) A person who has been named as such in a prospectus or
49) Interest: Money Lender :: Salary : ?
50) The cancellation of a contract, due to impossibility of performance is:
A) Quasi Contract
B) Agency Contract
C) Privity of contract
D) Frustration of contract
51) Injuria Sine Damnum means:
A) Only damage
B) Injury without damage
C) Injury & damage
D) Injury with damage
52) Ordinance in a State promulgated by the:
A) Chief Minister
D) Prime Minister
Some papers are pens.
All the pencils are pens.
I. Some pens are pearls.
II. Some pens are papers
A) Only I conclusion follows.
B) Neither I nor II follows C) Only II conclusion follows.
D) Either I or II follows
54) Directive Principles of State policy mentioned in the Constitution of India borrowed from:
A) U.S. Constitution
B) Canadian Constitution
C) Russian Constitution
D) Irish Constitution
55) Which of the following contains the regulations for management of the company?
A) Incorporation Certificate
B) Certificate of commencement of business
C) Articles of Association
D) Memorandum of Association
Which of the following diagrams indicates the best relation between Profit, Dividend and Bonus ?
A) Image 4 B) Image 3
C) Image 1
D) Image 2
57) Number of members can be nominated to the Upper House of Parliament by the President of India is:
58) Find the odd number/letter from the given alternatives
A) 841 B) 962
59) Find the odd number/letter from the given alternatives
60) Part IV of the Constitution of India deals with:
A) Directive Principle of State Policy
B) Uniform Civil Code
C) Fundamental Duties
D) Fundamental Right
61) Choose the figure which is different from the rest.
A) Image 1 and 3
B) Image 5
C) Image 2
D) Image 4
62) The writ Quo Warranto issue:
A) To direct a Statutory Body to do certain thing
B) To preserve the monuments of India
C To protect a person to hold public office which
) he is legally entitled to hold
D To prevent a person to hold public office which
) he is not legally entitled to hold
63) Pointing to a photo, Dinesh said that “His father is the only son of my mother”. The photo belongs to:
A) Dinesh’s Father
B) Dinesh’s Son
D) Dinesh’s Brother
64) Choose the alternative which is closely resembles the mirror image of the given combination.
A) Image 3 B) Image 2 C) Image 1
D) Image 4
65) What will come in place of Question Mark?
6, 11, 21, 36, 56, ?
A) 51 B) 91 C) 42
66) Ordinance is promulgated by the:
C) Chief Minister
D) Prime Minister
67) An auctioneers request for bid is :
A) A mere statement of intention
B) A mere communication of information in the course of negotiation
C) An invitation to offer
D) An offer
68) ______________ Schedule of the Constitution of India deals with allocation of powers and functions between Union & States. It contains 3 lists such as Union List (For Central Govt.), States List (Power of State Govt.) and Concurrent List (Both Union & States).
69) What will come in place of Question Mark?
3, 2, 7, 6, 11, ?
70) Water : Dam :: Trade : ?
C) Trade Policy
Section 3 – Economic and Business Environment
No. of Questions: 35 Duration in Minutes: 120
71) If ep <1, it signifies:
A) Unitary Elastic Demand
B) Perfectly Inleastic Demand
C) Perfectly Elastic Demand
D) Relatively Inelastic Demand
72) Which of the following committee’s recommended opening up of the insurance sector to private players in India?
A) NL Mitra Committee
B) Malhotra Committee
C) Kumarmangalam Birla Committee
D) Uday Kotak Committee
73) The Mutual Fund industry in India started in 1963 with formation of UTI in 1963 by an Act of Parliament and functioned under the regulatory and administrative control of the ____________________
A) Small Industries Development Bank of India
B) State Bank of India
C) Reserve Bank of India
D) Industrial Finance Corporation of India
74) ‘No change in consumers preferences’, is the assumption of which of the following laws of Economics?
A) Law of Increasing Returns to Scale
B) Law of Demand
C) Law of Diminishing Returns to Scale
D) Law of Supply
75) During which of the following five year plans, National Agricultural Policy, 2000 was framed?
A) Ninth Five Year Plan
B) Fifth Five Year Plan
C) Eleventh Five Year Plan
D) Tenth Five Year Plan
76) If ep >1, then it signifies:
A) Perfectly Inelastic Demand
B) Relatively Elastic Demand
C) Unitary Elastic Demand
D) Relatively Inelastic Demand
77) The formula to compute Net National Product at Market Prices is:
A) GNP at Market Prices – Depreciation
B) GDP at Market Prices – Depreciation
C) GNP at Market Prices + Depreciation
D) Cabinet Minister
78) ____________ means a schedule of possible prices and amounts that would be sold at each price.
79) Which of the following was the first ‘non-UTI mutual fund established in June 1987?
A) HDFC Mutual Fund
B) SBI Mutual Fund
C) ICICI Mutual Fund
D) PNB Mutual Fund
80) The long form of CCEA is:
A) Core Commission on External Affairs
B) Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
C) Core Committee on Economic Affairs
D) Cabinet Commission on External Affairs
81) What is the formula to calculate GDP at Market Prices?
A) GNP at Market Prices + Net Indirect Taxes
B) GNP at Market Prices + Net Income from Abroad C) GNP at Market Prices – Net Indirect Taxes
D) GNP at Market Prices – Net Income from Abroad
82) Who among the following presented the first budget of independent India?
A) Mr.RK Shanmukham Chetty
B) Mr.VKRV Rao
C) Mr. C.D.Deshmukh
D) Mr. P.C. Mahalanobis
83) In 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. received a banking licence from RBI and became the first _____________to be converted into a bank
A) Non-Banking Finance Company
B) Insurance Company
C) Mutual Funds
D) Asset Reconstruction Company
84) When quantity demanded of a commodity increases as a result of fall in the price, it is called:
A) Rise in Demand
B) Increase in Demand
C) Expansion in Demand
D) Growth in Demand
85) Salaries, subsidies and interest payments are part of ______________ in union budget.
A) Revenue Expenditure
B) Indirect Expenditure
C) Direct Expenditure
D) Capital Expenditure
86) Which of the following is the implenting agency of PreDeparture Orientation Program (PDOT )Program?
A) Industrial Finance Corporation of India
B) National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development C) National Skill Development Corporation
D) Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India
87) When the change in supply is relatively more when compared to the change in price, we say that the commodity has ____________
A) Relatively Greater Elastic supply
B) Relatively Less Elastic Supply
C) Perfectly Elastic Supply
D) Unitary Elastic Supply
88) The formula to compute GNP at Market Prices is:
A) GNP at Market Prices = GDP at Market Prices – Net Income from Abroad
B) GNP at Market Prices = GNP at Market Prices + Depreciation
C) GNP at Market Prices = GDP at Market Prices + Depreciation
D) GNP at Market Prices = GDP at Market Prices + Net Income from Abroad
89) The production of goods for self consumption is valued at ____________while calculating national income through Product Method
A) None of the above
B) Prevailing Market Prices
C) Prevailing Cost Prices
D) Historical Prices
90) If the total expenditure of the government exceeds its total revenue and non-revenue receipts in a financial year, then that gap is the _____________ for the financial year.
A) Monetary Deficit
B) Fiscal Deficit
C) Capital Deficit
D) Turnover Deficit
91) Consumer spending less on luxury items like car due to recession will fall under which of the following business environment?
A) Political Environment
B) Social Environment
C) Technological Environment
D) Economic Environment
92) Which of the following formula would be used to calculate Disposable Income?
A) Personal Income – Direct Taxes
B) Personal Income + Direct Taxes
C) Private Income – Direct Taxes
D) Private Income + Direct Taxes
93) When demand changes not because of price but because of changes in other determinants of demand, it is case of either _________ or ____________ in demand.
A) Rise, Fall
B) Increase, Decrease
C) Increase, Diminish
D) Expansion, Contraction
94) The ______________ is the market price where the quantity of goods supplied is equal to the quantity of goods demanded
A) Nominal Price
B) Equilibrium Price
C) Attractive Price
D) Exact Price
95) The Government of India in the backdrop of major failures of non-banking financial companies, phenomenon of vanishing companies, plantation companies and stock market scams decided to set up which of the following?
A) Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
B) Serious Fraud Investigation Office
C) Competition Commission of India
D) Central Statistics Office
96) The formula to calculate Personal Income is:
A) National Income – Undistributed Corporate Profits – Profit Taxes – Social Security Contribution + Transfer Payments + Interest on Public Debt
B) National Income – Undistributed Corporate Profits + Profit Taxes – Social Security Contribution – Interest on Public Debt
C) National Income + Undistributed Corporate Profits + Profit Taxes + Social Security Contribution
D) National Income – Undistributed Corporate Profits + Profit Taxes – Social Security Contribution – Transfer
97) The production value of transport and communication is taken into consideration for computation of National Income under which of the following methods?
A) Income Method
B) Expenditure Method
C) Product Method
D) Profit Method
98) ____________ if any, must be deducted from the value added while calculating national income as per the Product Method, as it does not result into real increase in output.
A) Stock Depreciation
B) Stock Loss due to theft
C) Stock Appreciation
D) Stock Insured
99) The formula to compute Net National Product at Factor Cost is:
A) NNP at Market Prices – Indirect Taxes + Subsidies
B) NNP at Market Prices + Indirect Taxex + Subsidies
C) NNP at Market Prices – Subsidies
D) NNP at Market Prices – Indirect Taxes – Subsidies
100) While adding up the value of output of various sectors for calculation of National Income under Product
Method, care should be exercised to avoid the problem of
A) Single Counting
B) Double Counting
C) Triple Counting
D) Quadruple Countng B) Oligopoly
D) Perfect Competition
101) A commodity with ______________ has an infinite elasticity.
A) Relatively Less Elastic Supply
B) Unitary Elastic Supply
C) Relatively Greater Elastic Supply
D) Perfectly Elastic Supply
102) The long form of SUUTI is:
A) Special Undertakings of the Unit Trust of India
B) Specified Undertakings of the Union Trust of India
C) Specified Undertakings of the Unit Trust of India
D) Special Undertakings of Unit Turnover of India
103) The demand for very costly and cheap goods is generally_____________
A) Relatively Elastic
C) Unitary Elastic
D) Perfectly Elastic
104) Which of the following equations will be used to compute percentage change in quantity demanded?
A) Change in Quantity / Original Quantity x 100
B) Change in Quantity x Original Quantity x 100
C) Change in Quantity – Original Quantity x 100
D) Change in Quantity + Original Quantity x 100
105) ‘No concept of consumer preference’ is the assumption of which of the following forms of market competition?
Section 4 – Current Affairs
No. of Questions: 15 Duration in Minutes: 120
106) Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman announced Economic Stimulus package of Rs. 20 Lakhs crore in how many tranches?
107) Ministry of Labour & Employment had decided to reduce the Employees’ provident fund contributions to ____% from the existing 12% for three months till July
108) Recently, US based equity giant KKR has bought _____% stake in Jio platforms.
A) 7.32 B) 9.32 C) 2.32
109) Who is the present union Health Minister who recently appointed as the chairman of the World Health Organization (WHO) 34-member Executive Board?
A) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Piyush Goyal
D) Amit Shah
110) On January 2, 2020, Prakash Parv was celebrated as birth anniversary of which Sikh Guru?
A) Guru Gobind Singh
B) Guru Har Rai
C) Guru Teg Bahadur
D) Guru Harkrishan Sahib
111) Name the 1st Indian tennis player who has won the Fed Cup heart award 2020 for Asia/Oceania Zone?
A) Rohan Bopanna
B) Vijay Amritraj
C) Leander Paes
D) Sania Mirza
112) In the month of May 2020, which of the following tropical cyclone touched Odisha and West Bengal?
113) Central government has announced to raise the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in defence manufacturing under automatic route from 49% to _______%.
114) Para athlete Deepa Malik (1st women to win medal in Paralympic games) who announced retirement is associated with which sports?
A) Triple Jump
B) Long jump
C) Shot Put
D) Middle distance running
115) Who is the present Governor of Reserve Bank of India?
A) Raghuram Rajan
B) Shaktikanta Das
C) Urjit Patel
D) Tapan Roy
116) Name the person who has been appointed as the chairman of NABARD recently till July 2022 ?
A) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
B) P.V.S Suryakumar
C) Govinda Rajulu Chintala
D) Shaji K V
117) Name the person who authored the book titled “Wuhan Diary: Dispatches from a Quarantined City”?
A) Yiyun Li
B) Hua Yu
C) Lu Xun
D) Fang Fang
118) Name the programme which was launched for online education (1 to 12) announced under “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan”.
A) PM e-Abhiyan
B) PM e-Vidhya
C) PM e-Suraksha
D) PM e-Kalyan
119) From which Indian organization, the four Indian Air Force Pilots have been selected for training in Russia for the ambitious Gaganyaan Manned Space Mission, that is going to be launched in 2022?
A) Indian Air Force (IAF)
B) The Marine Commandos (MARCOS)
C) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
D) Indian Navy
120) The central government has launched India’s biggest evacuation plan to bring back Indian citizens stranded in foreign countries. What is the name of the mission?
A) Vande Bharat Mission
B) Stranded Indians Mission
C) Smart India Mission
D) Bharat Nagrik Mission